the signs for the Copenhagen Olympic Festival
AQUA!! these are the two main voices...[ie, in Barbie Girl, the guy on the right plays Ken, and the girl plays Barbie.]
There were tons of people supporting all 4 cities. The first announcement was made saying that Chicago and Tokyo were eliminated, and the huge crowd went crazyyyy. There were so many American study abroad kids there that they were SO disappointed when Chicago was the first city to be eliminated. The next city to be eliminated was Tokyo, and there were also a lot of Japanese people there. They were all decked out...there was even a group of like 5 or 6 of them that were dressed up like Pikachu. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Then we were down to the final 2...Madrid and Rio. Madrid was the next one to be eliminated, and the Brazilians went CRAZY. My roommate, Julia, is Brazilian &she went bezerk!! She was so happy that Rio won, it will be the first Olympics in South America. Overall, it was VERY exciting to be there as the president of the IOC announced that Rio would be hosting, and seeing all of the officials from Rio go crazy!
the Brazilians that were in Copenhagen!
I leave tomorrow for Tallinn and Stockholm, I can't wait!! I'll try and post again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment